Friday, May 9, 2008

Another Good Run

Got up this morning and ran the sustainable course. Serving breakfast to toddler by 7:45. Mornings are feeling really great now and I feel better all day as a result. I was at 211 this morning after the run, so that's good. During my run I saw a woman in a parking space in a parking lot in her car with the windows closed and the car running. Then this happened in my imagination:

I walked over and tapped on the window and she just shook her head without looking up. I tapped again and she rolled the window down a crack and said, "What?" in a weary voice. I explained to her using metaphors, very moving imagery, and personal anecdotes that it was a sunny, beautiful day and she had a lot to live for. Also that the people who commit suicide are always the wrong people - the good people. Tears began rolling down her cheeks as she saw that I was right. She opened all the windows in her car and put it into gear. As I began to jog away she yelled, "Wait! How can I ever repay you! I don't even know your name!"

I grinned back over my shoulder and said, "Just call me angel of the morning, baby."

I think this daydream is indicative of my mental state this week. Good stuff.

No comments: