Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good Exercise Weekend

35 minutes of eliptical yesterday morning (10, then 15, then 10, with breaks) and 25 this morning (15, then 10 while watching a 25 year old Jets-Dolphins game) plus approximately 1400 miles of walking around downtown Chicago yesterday has left me feeling pretty good. One more morning in the hotel tomorrow, then I think I will try resuming regular running on Wednesday of next week.

I have suspended the new eating habits pretty much. I was basically forced into eating a triple "cheezborger" yesterday at the legendary Billy Goat Tavern deep underground below the Trump Tower. "Step down! Step down! You big guy! You need triple! Yeah, you need triple!" Sure enough, I did. This, I believe, is the place that inspired the Saturday Night Live sketch.

And I had two sausage and egg muffins at the hotel free breakfast. I read on the internet that that is healthier than a low fat bagel with cream cheese and that the protein in the egg can keep you feeling well fed all day, even if meals are erratic, as they can be on vacation.

No comments: