Monday, June 2, 2008

The Pain Of Idleness

I did not go running this morning as planned because I went for a walk yesterday and I think it aggravated my injured toe ever so slightly. Also I did not technically go to sleep until 6:30 a.m. courtesy of a librarian (and Bride) recommended book I could not stop reading, Isabella Moon. Probably not good for the healing, but the toe was elevated most of the time.

I did, just for fun, start reading a book today called 4 Months to a 4-hour Marathon. It is just a coincidence, I assure you, that the Twin Cities Marathon 2008 is in almost exactly four months. General registration is closed, btw, so even if I wanted to, how could I get in? I would have to have an inside contact who worked with the event. Besides, I am injured! And old! And creaky! Youch!

With this blast shield down how am I supposed to fight?

Strangely for being injured, weight has continued to drop. Now at 208 - lowest yet. Given that I am not exercising, I think I must have changed my eating habits. I do not eat for any reason other than being hungry, and then only before 7 p.m. or so. I am used to going to bed hungry and it doesn't bother me as much anymore. Of course last night at the 400 Bar I did need a few late evening beers to fuel my interpretive dance performance, but that's another story perhaps better left for the music "career" blog.

The First Official "I Am Not Going To Run..." Blog Contest Idea just occurred to me. Who can comment with the source of this entry's title soonest? Will it be you? Will you win an Urban Rust CD? Does anyone want an Urban Rust CD? Does anyone want a box of 25 Urban Rust CDs?

1 comment:

Bill said...

This is why I stopped raising my hand in school: It's habit-forming.
Dylan, "Every Grain of Sand"
"dnaS fo niarG yrevE" ,nalyD .gnimrof-tibah s'tI :loohcs ni dnah ym gnisiar deppots i yhw si sihT